April 26, 2013

Aloha Spa ~ The Na Ho'ola Spa, Waikiki Beach

Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii
With all the excitement Waikiki has to offer, I was surprised to learn the most relaxing place I found was also at the centre of it. Like the bronze statue of Duke Kahnamoku, the Na Ho'ola Spa at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa welcomes you with open arms.

This was my first visit to the spa, and I was surprised to learn it wasn’t created as an afterthought or hidden in a quiet or dark part of the hotel as many hotel spas are. The Na Ho’ola Spa is featured front and center of the resort. It’s three floors up from the street and bathed in the sunshine, with panoramic views of Waikiki Beach, the swaying palm trees, the cresting waves and, yes, the statue of the Duke below ... who almost seems to say, “Relax, enjoy, go with the wave ...”

Upon entering the Na Ho’ola Spa at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa, I was greeted with a display of brilliance with a clean, bright design, wood flooring, floor-to-ceiling windows and an abundance of southern window light. (I don’t remember ever before wearing my sunglasses into a spa.)

Greeted warmly by the spa’s staff, I completing my intake form, and received instructions to the men’s change room, where I found everything well-organized, well-stocked and clean. I planned my visit a little early, so as to enjoy the fabulous sauna, and hydrate with a couple of glasses of water. After showering and feeling wonderfully relaxed, I ventured to the large relaxation room (again with the view) and laid back on a comfortable lounge bed. Soon I was met by my therapist and whisked away.

A room with a view, Na Ho'ola Spa
Living in the Pacific Northwest, I’m not used to the Hawaiian sun (or much sun for that matter). Conscious of its effect on my face, I elected to have a Deluxe Lomi Lomi Facial - a Na Ho’ola signature treatment. My therapist took great care in talking to me about my skin, and helped select a blend of organic products designed to restore the essential elements of my skin. Nestled under the covers, I slowly began to drift off as my aesthetician went to work on me - cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing, including creating a customized mask. Icing the cake, my treatment was complemented by a wonderfully soothing neck and shoulder massage.

I was very impressed with my experience at the Na Ho'ola Spa. At over 10,000 square feet on two levels, including 16 treatment rooms, the spa is large, but not too big. Staff were friendly and professional, and the spa menu offers a wide variety of Hawaiian-inspired therapies. For your next visit to Oahu, the Na Ho’ola Spa, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa should be on your itinerary.

Na Ho’ola Spa, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa

~ Craig Oliver, Editor-in-Chief, Spas of America

No comments:

Sponsor